This article is about about the main night guard of FNaF 2. If you are looking for the beta tester of the Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience, see Jeremy (Help Wanted). If you are looking for the MCI Victim, see The Missing Children.
Jeremy Fitzgerald is the first security guard in Five Nights at Freddy's 2. He works at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza from November 8th, 1987 to November 13th, 1987, and he receives $100.50 by the end of his shift.
Upon being hired, Jeremy is informed by Phone Guy of the details of his new occupation, also learning that the guard before him was moved to the day shift due to the animatronics trying to get into The Office.
Over the course of his shift, Jeremy learns that someone (likely William Afton) tampered with the animatronics, eventually leading to the restaurant's closing, and that he may be moved to the day shift as the "position just became... available" while the company tries to find someone to cover the night shift.
During Night 6, Phone Guy tells Jeremy that the next day he will work the day shift and is to closely monitor the animatronics during a birthday party. Upon completing the night, Jeremy receives a check for $20.10 for overtime, as well as a newsletter that says the restaurant is closing.
There is not much else to say about Fitzgerald considering he is never seen in-game, but it could be accurate to assume he is very coordinated being able to fend off multiple animatronics for 6 hours straight.
- Jeremy Fitzgerald is speculated to be the victim of the Bite of '87.
- In the "switching to the Day Shift" section in the Survival Logbook, text is present, seemingly from Jeremy: "I'd only been working the night shift for about a week, but I was very relieved to be switched over for the day shift. There's a lot of stress working from 12.a.m to 6.a.m. My boss told me that the animatronics were acting strangely-almost aggressive toward the staff-but I wasn't about to let that scare me off. After work I had a unsettling feeling that I was being followed home…"
- This line conflicts with the theory of Jeremy being the Bite of '87 victim, as it shows he got through the day unharmed.
- In the Lorekeeper ending of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator includes the name Jeremy. This is mostly confirmed to be for the missing child, rather than Jeremy Fitzgerald.
- Due to being the only one without glowing eyes, Jeremy is thought to be the bully in the Freddy mask.
- Jeremy is the possible beta tester in FNAF VR.