|“||GREAT!! Now get out.||”|
— Message given to Fritz Smith on the pink slip, 1987
Fritz Smith is the canon name given to the night guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza in 1987 that is playable on the seventh custom night of Five Nights at Freddy's 2. While Jeremy Fitzgerald is confirmed predecessor to Fritz Smith as the security guard since he is the guard from nights 1 through 6, it is theorized they are the same person under different aliases. At the end of seventh night, Fritz Smith is given a pink slip and fired.
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
Main article: Five Nights at Freddy's 2
In 1987, Jeremy Fitzgerald stops working at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, theorized to be because of the Bite of '87. In his place, Fritz Smith, theorized to be an alias of Michael Afton/Mike Schmidt, is hired as the new night guard. He works for one night at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, where the Toy Animatronics are now possessed and going haywire, theorized to be the result of William Afton committing a series of murders at the new location. Unlike the previous guard, Fritz never recieved a call from Phone Guy. Despite the animatronics being possessed, Fritz managed to allegedly tamper with them, likely during the day. Fritz made it through the night, but was given a pink slip and fired for tampering with the animatronics and having a fowl odor.
- Fritz is fired for most of the same reasons as Mike Schmidt, aside from "general unprofessionalism", implying Fritz was more professional than Mike.
- This has caused some to theorize that Fritz and Mike are the same person.
- Fritz's name is similar to the last names of the other two guards; Fritz from Fitzgerald, and Smith from Schmidt.
- Fritz's breathing is identical to Jeremy Fitzgerald's.
- Interestingly, the pink slip for Fritz proves what Phone Guy told Jeremy, with there only being one guard in the location prior to the game taking place.
- Fritz is one of the only two nightguards in the series to never get a Phone Call ingame, the other being Vanessa