If you are looking for the series named after him, see Five Nights at Freddy's. If you are looking for his Toy counterpart, check this page; If you're looking for the Funtime and Molten counterparts, try here.
Freddy Fazbear is the titular main antagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's.
Freddy Fazbear appears as a brown bear who wears a black bowtie and tophat. He has three black freckles on each cheek on his face and has blue eyes and black eyebrows. Freddy also seems to have a few handprints on his head.
Five Nights at Freddy's
Freddy becomes active on Night 3 and continues to move on the following nights. He starts off at the Show Stage and proceeds to move to the Dining Area, the Bathroom, the Kitchen, and finally passes the halls to make his way into the Office. He also appears when you run out of power.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
Freddy only appears in the minigames. On Night 1, he is lured to the Safe Room by Shadow Freddy and is then dismantled by William Afton. However, on Night 5 the soul inhabiting him blocks the exit with the others to prevent William from escaping. A child with Freddy's mask is seen getting freed in Happiest Day.
Ultimate Custom Night
|“||He approaches from the left hall, emerging from the darkness and progressing in stages toward your door. Keep track of him on the monitor and shut the door when he is standing in the doorway to turn him away. He moves faster as the building gets warmer, so try to keep him at a cool 60 degrees whenever possible.||”|
Freddy returns as his old self.
Freddy Fazbear's function is to be the main antagonist and is there to help show the series' main character and help with custom night and to open up the map.
Freddy Fazbear is hidden on most cameras where only his eyes are visible. You may need to keep an eye on him, otherwise his laughter indicates when he moves and where he is. When he is in the East Hall Corner you must stay on Cam 4B or close the right door to prevent him from entering your office. Upon entering your office it will result in a game over.
Freddy can also be "cam-locked" while he is on the Show Stage and in the East Hall Corner, meaning that if the player looks at him on the camera WITHOUT moving to another room, Freddy will be stuck there and unable to move. This strategy allows players to complete 20/20/20/20 mode with power remaining at the end. Cam Locking on the Show Stage does not work in 20/20/20/20
"Back to basics!"-Freddy’s loading screen quote
Freddy is reincarnated in FNaF world as a much cuter version of himself, and is one of the 48 different animatronics you can unlock through the game. Freddy is one of the starter characters, unlocked as soon as a new game is started along with Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, Toy Freddy, Toy Bonnie, Toy Chica, and Mangle
Freddy has the following attacks,
|The weakest attack. Only damages 1 enemy. Only variations of Freddy can use this attack.|
|Sends a stampede of pizzas at random enemies.|
|Increases all stats.|
Freddy's jumpscare sound, prior to Special Delivery.
Freddy's jumpscare sound as of Special Delivery.
The sound that plays when Freddy is dismantled by William.
|“||Aww, you look down. Would you like a hug?||”|
|“||By the look on your face, you really were surprised!||”|
|“||Better luck next time.||”|
|“||Bet you weren't expecting me to show up early, were you now?||”|
|“||I've prepared a special happy fun time, just for you.||”|
|“||I bet you didn't expect me to show up, did you now?||”|
|“||I hope you enjoy my visit. I've got a special delivery, just for you.||”|
|“||I hope you enjoy my visit. I'm planning on making it extra special for you.||”|
|“||I bet you were shocked this time.||”|
|“||I planned something special, just for you.||”|
|“||It looks like someone wasn't ready for Freddy to come to the party.||”|
|“||Most people like my hugs.||”|
|“||Now now, all that fear there isn't helping either of us.||”|
|“||Now would be a good time to hold your breath.||”|
|“||Round and round we go. Where we are going, nobody knows.||”|
|“||That sure was fun.||”|
|“||What's that you say? You didn't invite me? Too bad...||”|
|“||When you wake up, just remember: Friends are forever.||”|
|“||You did your best, and that's all that counts.||”|
- Freddy's hat is removable.
- Freddy doesn't move until Night 3 unless the player runs out of power.
- He was also initially intended to only move in the latter circumstance
- There is a similar animatronic called Golden Freddy.
- Freddy appears in every game one way or another.
- Prior to release, Freddy's name was Freddybear.
- This could have been inspiration for Fredbear's name.
- Freddy is the most popular party animatronic, according to Special Delivery.
- It's unclear if this is including post-launch additions, however.
- In his door jumpscare, his eyes are dark with a white glow. In some frames, his eyes are brought into the light, showing that the only difference between that and his normal eyes is that the white dot activated.
- Whether this is the case for the other animatronics or not is unknown, however
- Freddy has a hand print on his face
- At one point, it was theorized that Freddy Fazbear committed the Bite of 87.
- This was believed due to the rule regarding him, along with the hand print on his face.
- This later was debunked, however, as Freddy was not active during the day in 1987
Five Nights at Freddy’s
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
Ultimate Custom Night
Withered Freddy looks almost identical to his first game, he also wears his black hat and bowtie. In FNaF 2 he has buttons on his belly, his three face freckles are gone, and he now has his trusty microphone in his hand all the time. Freddy now has holes all across his body and in addition has wires sticking out from his body.
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
Withered Freddy doesn't activate until night 3. Once activating, Freddy first moves from Parts & Service to the Main Hall, then to the main Hallway. Sometimes, he may appear in Party Room 3, but he always enters the Office through the hallway. Withered Freddy also carries his Microphone wherever he goes.
FNAF 2 mode
Although he retains his original pathing, Freddy activates later on in the game. He only activates on the Withered level, and features almost the same AI as Toy Freddy, only his pathfinding is different.
Trick or Treat!
Alongside the other Withered animatronics and Balloon Boy, Freddy roams around inside the house while the timer is active. The player has to watch the location of each animatronic, and watch who goes to the door. If Freddy is the one at the door, put on his mask to avoid jumpscare.
Freddy acts as the main Antagonist, as well as the Withered animatronic set. He also helps make some rooms more important and also helps balance our numbers and Custom Night levels. Just like Toy Freddy, Withered Freddy usually leaves after Bonnie and Chica thus, he could activate The Other Withers
Freddy will always move from the main hall, so when it looks like he is about a few feet away from the door when you pull the monitor up to wind up the music box, you will either put the monitor down or Freddy will force it down and he will enter the Office. You will need to put the Freddy Mask on to block him out. Failure to do it in time or at all will result in Freddy disappearing, only to slide into the player's view from the bottom right.
- Withered Freddy now no longer tries to hide on the map like the first game.
- There is a rare event that can happen when the player starts a night or dies, where one of three eyeless animatronics can appear: Withered Foxy, Withered Freddy, or Toy Bonnie. These screens do not have an effect on gameplay.
"Because we needed one more."-Withered Freddy’s loading screen quote
In FNaF World, he can be found in the Mysterious Mine. He is also less damaged than before.
Withered Freddy has the following attacks,
|The weakest attack, only damages 1 enemy, only versions of Freddy can use this attack.|
|Decreases opponents attack.|
|Has a chance to insta-kill multiple opponents but has a lower chance than Unscrew.|
Five Nights at Freddy’s 2
Nightmare Freddy's appearance is similar to that of Freddy Fazbear, but is more damaged. His brown complexion remains but has a lighter hue on his torso, muzzle, and ears. His trademark bow tie and top hat return, albeit in a tattered and damaged state. He has yellow eyes in addition to having two sets of long, razor-sharp teeth. He has three smaller heads hanging off his body whose appearance is very similar to Nightmare Freddy's. These smaller heads act like Freddy's minions. The community calls them "Freddles".
The damage is very apparent on Nightmare Freddy. Half of his right ear has been torn off, and red wires can be seen coming out of the top of his head. The material that was around his eyes have been withered away along with the material around the bottom part of his muzzle; the tips of his hands appear to have suffered from similar damage, showing his endoskeleton underneath. Huge rips and tears can be seen on his upper torso and lower legs, exposing his endoskeleton.
- Nightmare Freddy will send his Freddles on your bed before he come out from under it himself. He is one of the easiest to fend off because the player just has to flick the mouse down and turn the flashlight on for a bit. This will scare the "Freddles" back under the bed. He has a better chance to kill the player if they hold Bonnie/Chica at a door, or have the closet closed. On the mobile version, you just have to double-tap on the bottom block and you will turn around!
"The more, the merrier."-Nightmare Freddy’s loading screen quote
Nightmare Freddy appears in the cute RPG game FNaF world, he is less damaged and has 2 Freddles this time and also has 2 buttons, he can be found in the Deep-Metal Mines.
Nightmare Freddy has the following attacks,
|Does higher damage than Bite.|
|Decreases opponents speed.|
|Summons an army of Freddles to attack every opponent.|
Ultimate Custom Night
- While you aren't looking, mini-Freddies (Freddles) will accumulate on your desk and around the office. Shine your flashlight to scare them away. If you let too many of them gather together then Nightmare Freddy will be summoned, ending your run with a jumpscare.
|“||No light can save you now.||”|
|“||I have always been hiding in your shadow.||”|
|“||What a gift to relish, a victim that can't perish.||”|
|“||I am given flesh to be your tormentor.||”|
|“||I am remade, but not by you; by the one you should not have killed.||”|
- Despite being the first teaser for Five Nights at Freddy's 4, Bonnie is still the first to come at you in the game.
- On April 1st, 2018 (April Fools' Day), Scott Cawthon added a description for Nightmare Freddy, as a official description had not been released yet, as a joke referencing a popular disproven theory, later removing them the day after.
- Nightmare Freddy: "He appears suddenly in your office holding an alarm clock. You have only a moment to press the button and activate the alarm. If you press the button in time, you will awaken in your bed for ten seconds before falling back asleep and continuing the night."; this is a reference to the popular "Dream Theory" where everything is thought to be a dream by the Crying Child.
- It is unknown how the "Freddles" are able to attach and detach to Nightmare Freddy's body.
- His design is based on Freddy Krueger.
Five Nights at Freddy’s 4
Ultimate Custom Night
Dreadbear features as the titular antagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted's DLC, Curse of Dreadbear.
Dreadbear is a green bear who's design appears to be a mixture of Nightmare Freddy and Phantom Freddy. While the base model was Nightmare Freddy, the dark green colors resemble Phantom Freddy, along with bigger, flatter teeth. The top of his head can be lifted up similar to the mask of Spring Bonnie, revealing an artificial brain inside.
Dreadbear appears as an enemy in only two levels, being Night 03 and his dedicated level named after him. He does, however, also appear in both the hub world and the Game Over screen.
Dreadbear functions similar to Freddy Fazbear from the first game, where he will only move forwards. You can flash him with the light, but unlike the other characters, he merely stops moving for a few seconds, rather than being reset. This makes him a much bigger threat than Jack-o-Bonnie or Jack-o-Chica
Dreadbear's level features a couple of challenges. You are tasked with getting Dreadbear operational and ready to send out to the children. In order to do so, you must get his artificial brain set up. You must choose the correct colors to put in each individual section of the brain, and then adjust it's frequency to line up with what it tells you. Both the pattern of the colors and the frequency are randomized upon entering the level. You must also watch out for the power, which will occasionally run out. There's a lever that will restore the power, shocking Dreadbear in the process. You must limit how much you shock him, however, as too much will cause him to jumpscare you.
- In the files of Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, his files are under the name Franken Freddy, meaning the choice to change his name to Dreadbear must have been later in development.
- Dreadbear is in better condition than Nightmare Freddy, despite being based on his model.
Rockstar Freddy is a Rockstar Animatronic and the FNaF 6 version of Freddy Fazbear, he can be bought for $2000 in Smiles and Servos Inc. He is the leader of the Rockstar Animatronics.
Rockstar Freddy is an anthropomorphic brown bear-like all his other incarnations but has hands similar to Circus Baby, his jaws are separated by an endoskeleton mouth and 4 steel bars, like Toy Freddy he has red rosy cheeks, red eyelids, and red kneecaps, he also has a purple bowtie and hat similar to Fredbear’s except more glossy, like all the other Rockstar Animatronics he has a golden star in the middle of his chest, in UCN he has a coin slot in his chest for his role.
Ultimate Custom Night
Character description: Rockstar Freddy will be deactivated in the Office however he might activate and ask for 5 fazcoins, you must collect 5 Faz coins as fast as you can because neglecting or failing to do so will result in Rockstar Freddy jump scaring you, he can also be malfunctioned by using the Heater however with the risk of activating a heat animatronic like Jack-O-Chica or Lefty.
- Rockstar Freddy always asks for 5 Faz coins, his death voice is a distorted version of him asking for 5 faz coins.
- Rockstar Freddy shares his model with Lefty.
- Rockstar Freddy’s body looks similar to Toy Freddy, Circus Baby, and Springtrap.
Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria Simulator
Ultimate Custom Night
|When I first found you, you were nothing. You were small, pathetic.
This page is a stub. Please help the Five Nights at Freddy's Wiki by expanding this article.
Dark Freddy is a character exclusive to Help Wanted that appears in Blacklight mode.
Freddy Frostbear is an antagonist who originated in Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery. As he was introduced as an event character, he no longer roams naturally, however he can still be spawned in manually using his Lure.
Design-wise, Freddy Frostbear uses the same model as Freddy Fazbear, however he has some differences. Most notably, his icy-blue color scheme. He's a bright blue, with darker blue inside his ears. His bowtie is also more detailed, with more of a Christmas theme. His tophat is a reflective bright blue, like the rest of his body, with a little mistletoe on the side. Other changes to note would be the icicles coming off his ears, his teeth matching his body, icy blue eyes, and his giant icicle in place of a microphone.
Ingame, his attack patterns are very similar to Freddy, although with some differences. Instead of covering the screen with Static, he covers it with ice. His footsteps may also be quieter than normal.
Freddy Frostbear's jumpscare sound in the current version of the game
Freddy Frostbear's jumpscare when he was originally released
- Freddy Frostbear was the first new animatronic introduced in Special Delivery, before the Skins feature took place. As such, he can be seen as one of the only two characters added in Special Delivery, shared with 8-Bit Circus Baby
- Freddy Frostbear is the third variation of Freddy to never appear with a Microphone, with the first being Nightmare Freddy, while the second is Yenndo.
- His original reveal was on the icon of Special Delivery, about a week before his release. As his name was not revealed until release, a popular fan-name was Frosted Freddy.
- Freddy Frostbear's jumpscare sound was actually changed after release, although it is unclear when exactly the change occurred.
- Based on his sounds, Freddy Frostbear appears to be made entirely out of ice. How this was achieved is currently unknown.
The St Patrick's day event is an event featured in Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery. It introduced one new Freddy counterpart, alongside the Skins feature.
- This event was the first event to utilize the Skin feature.
- Unlike every other event, this event only has one addition.
- Due to issues with Shamrock Freddy's drops, the system was updated so that the suits are tied to the equipped suit, rather than the CPU.
- Within the Shamrock Shakedown event, a 'Part 2' by technicality, Shamrock Freddy was brought back with the Wasteland duo. Because of this, It is now technically tied for first instance of two events at once.
Shamrock Freddy is a skin in Five Nights at Freddy's: Special Delivery. As he is a skin from before the Wasteland event, his mechanics and animations are identical to Freddy.
Shamrock Freddy's design is a recolor of Freddy, containing green eyes, a green bowtie, and a green suit. His top hat has been replaced with a Leprechaun's hat, complete with a Four-leaf clover. He's also wearing a gold necklace. Shamrock Freddy can be seen holding both a Golden Microphone as well as a pot of Faz-coins.
- Shamrock Freddy was the first skin added to the game.
- He appears to be similar to Rockstar Freddy in loving Faz-coins.
- Unlike the original Freddy, Shamrock Freddy is able to haywire outside of the static.
Firework Freddy is a skin in Five Nights at Freddy's: Special Delivery. As he is a skin, his mechanics are identical to Freddy.
Firework Freddy is a variant of Freddy, with the only major differences being that he's wearing clothes. He's a brown bear wearing white shorts that appear ripped, as well as an old blue shirt with stars and what looks like a badge. His tophat has been recolored to be a red and white striped design, while his bowtie was turned solid red. Instead of a Microphone, he's seen holding a giant Firework. He also has white sunglasses on his head.
- Firework Freddy is the first animatronic to be seen wearing actual clothes
- He's also the first animatronic with a specified American style.
- On top of this, he's the only animatronic to wear glasses of any kind.
- He's also the first animatronic with a specified American style.
- Firework Freddy is the fourth variation of Freddy to never appear with a Microphone, with Nightmare Freddy being first, Yenndo being second, and Freddy Frostbear being third.
Blackice Freddy Frostbear is a skin in Five Nights at Freddy's: Special Delivery, introduced in the Winter Wonderland event. As he is a skin, his mechanics are identical to Freddy Frostbear.
Black Ice Frostbear appears to be withered, having cracks all over his body. His suit has darkened, no longer fully containing it's previous glow. Several areas appear to be more poorly made, having a much blockier shape. In addition, Spikes have formed on his body, with larger ones on his arms and legs. His Icicle has melted, becoming a Spear.
His Tophat and bowtie have both been replaced, turning into a dark blue color. The Mistletoe also appears to be missing from his hat.
Black Ice Frostbear's unique jumpscare sound
Black Ice Frostbear's unique haywire sound
Black Ice's unique in-game ambience.
- Black Ice Frostbear is the first skin for Freddy Frostbear, the first Illumix OC
- This makes Black Ice the first skin for any of Illumix's custom characters.
- Black Ice Frostbear has the longest time of any character as the icon of the FNAF AR Twitter account, if Freddy Fazbear is excluded.
- As of March 12th, 2021, he has been there for a little over three months.
- Like his original counterpart, he is never seen holding a Microphone.
|"When the fear takes hold, and reality fails. The stage is set, and insanity prevails."
This article contains new or upcoming content, and therefore may be incorrect and will change from time to time.
This article contains new content, and will contain spoilers.
Glamrock Freddy is the Glamrock version of the original Freddy Fazbear, as well as the star of Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizza Plex.
Glamrock Freddy is a bright orange bear, featuring a black Top Hat with a blue stripe and a black Bowtie. On each arm, he has red shoulder pads as well as a spiked bracelet. He has Red leg warmers on his legs, And a red earing on his Left ear. On his face he has Red and blue facepaint, alongside a blue stripe on his jaw, and a blue lightning bolt on his chest.
After the Parts and Service section with Chica's voice, The black paint on Freddy's bowtie chips off almost all the way, with it turning purple. On the other hand, when completing the claw upgrade, he gains the same hands Monty has. In addition, after the second one, his eyes become yellow; For unknown reasons, though, this state appears through all of the game.
Glamrock Freddy serves as a portable hiding space. The player can summon Freddy with Q, and he'll move to the player's location, usually teleporting to get there. When hiding inside Freddy, the player is incapable of jumping, but most animatronics are incapable of detecting him, only excluding the Daycare Attendant.
When receiving upgrades, Freddy gains additional perks. Upon gaining Chica's voice box, Left-clicking causes Freddy to emit a sound which stuns all nearby animatronics. The sound is also capable of opening extra gates, which as of v1.05 are marked with a "No Chica" sign.
Monty's claw upgrade enables Freddy to bust down locked gates, signified with a golden lock around them alongside a "No Monty' sign. Upon getting Roxy's eyes, Freddy is able to see all gift boxes on the map, and approaching certain locations will reveal Retro CDs to collect.
Prior to v1.05, Freddy could open doors for the player when called, which the player can enter Freddy and then exit when facing the door to head through. This would allow the player to bypass all security badge upgrades as long as Freddy was accessible.
- Glamrock Freddy was the first Glamrock animatronic shown off.
- In Glamrock Freddy's teaser, Vanessa's shadow can be seen in the back.
- Based on the unused lines, Glamrock Freddy is the only known animatronic capable of detecting the presence of blood
- When going through Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place, Freddy mentions that his friends are down there.
- While some believe this to be referring to Molten Freddy, it's revealed to refer to the other Glamrocks directly afterwards.
- Freddy is the only animatronic with a 'Shattered' state that does not appear during actual gameplay.
- Shattered Freddy is exclusive to the Vanny ending's final scene.
Trailer Voice lines
|“||Gregory, be still... I think she's found us.||”|
— Glamrock Freddy, Trailer 1
|“||You should be able to escape once the security doors reopen at 6AM... Until then, Keep moving, and try not to draw attention to yourself. If there is another way out, I Will help you find it. I promise...||”|
Ingame Voice lines
|“||Showtime already?! I am experiencing a malfunction. The recharge cycle is not complete.||”|
— Start of the game
|“||Who said that?||”|
— Once Gregory speaks for the first time
|“||Down where? I still do not see you||”|
|“||My stomach hatch? That place is reserved for oversized birthday cakes and pinatas! It is not a safe play area!||”|
|“||There you are.||”|
— When Gregory hops out of his hatch
|“||Scanning complete. How odd. Your guest profile is unknown to me. Who are you?||”|
|“||Gregory. I will notify the main office. Huh, connection error. I cannot connect to the main network.||”|
|“||Who? Who is looking for you? Your mother?||”|
|“||That is the security guard. She can help!||”|
|“||Take this. It is a novelty Freddy Fazwatch.||”|
|“||I am sending you an encoded message.||”|
|“||Hello, Gregory. It is me, Freddy. I will escort you to the main entrance. However, I am unable to leave this room. You should have no problem. There is a button behind me on the wall that will open the door to the back room. I will make it accessible to you now.||”|
— When the first message is read
|“||Well done, Gregory. There is an open air vent inside the maintenance room. You will have to climb through the ventilation system and release me from the outside.||”|
— When the door to his back room is opened.
|“||Oh? You are going to need a Photo Pass to open the door. Apologies, I assumed you had one already... Well, you should be able to find one at a convenience counter.||”|
|“||Good job. Now, please come let me out.||”|
— Once the photo pass is obtained
|“||Way to go, Superstar! I knew you could do it.||”|
|“||I know how to get you out of here. Climb back into my chest cavity.||”|
|“||There is still time, but we must hurry. If I am spotted, I will certainly be taken back to my room. I will escort you to the main exit through the utility tunnels. It is the safest path.||”|
|“||Do not worry, Gregory. Even if we are spotted, you are safe with me. She would never suspect that we are travelling together. However, we should still do our best to avoid her. If I am sent back to my room, we will never get to the lobby before midnight.||”|
|“||I feel you are broken.||”|
|“||No, I feel that something is wrong. I am taking you to the first aid station.||”|
|“||Officer Vanessa, I do not know how I got here.||”|
|“||I said nothing. I will keep you safe. Let us go.||”|
|“||I am detecting blood. You are injured.||”|
— An old line relating to the initial Utility Tunnel passage. This was censored and later replaced by the "I feel you are broken" line.
|“||Your arm is cut badly. I will take you to a first aid station.||”|
— Another censored line from the same scene, right before Freddy took control.
It should be noted that the voice lines seen here are not canon, however have been officially voiced by Kellen Goff himself.
|“||Gregory, Do you see that small vent on the floor? Have you ever heard of Among Us, Gregory? You need to Vent. I know it will be hard for you to be sus, but I know you can do it Gregory! I will just say we were both in Security watching the cameras. It is partly true... lmaoggsez||”|