He was hired to guard the attraction, making sure the place does not catch fire, as well as playing the role of the guard in the attraction. At the time of the first night of the game, a week before the attraction opens, the guard has already been working there at least once, and is briefed by Phone Dude on the new set up. On Night 2, Springtrap is brought into the attraction, and begins to hunt him. The guard thus spends the next five nights fending off Springtrap with the faulty systems, as well as the Phantoms. He also listens to the old Phone Guy tapes about Springlock suits. Eventually, Fazbear's Fright is burnt down, it is unclear what part, if any, the guard had to do with this.
Based on the constant visions the guard sees of the phantom animatronics, it is possible that they may frequently be panicked and/or paranoid to the point of having hallucinations. Additionally, their deep, panicked breaths heard after being jumpscared by the phantoms indicate that they also show fear and anxiety during their shift, similar to Jeremy and Fritz.
Despite this, the guard appears to be relatively focused and courageous, as they are able to recover from the phantoms' jumpscares relatively quickly and are able to fend off Springtrap throughout the night.
- The guard is never seen, given that the game is in first person perspective, and he never gets a check due to the fire, so his name is never learned.
- He is most likely male, since his breathing sounds masculine.
- Due to Phone Dude welcoming him back, it has been theorised that he is an old guard.
- However, he could just have been working for longer than the game shows.
- He has been theorised to be Michael Afton or Henry Emily.